Today on the podcast, Sam interviews Ana Willis of They Call Me Blessed, a homeschooling blog. Ana is a homeschool mom of 3, wife, health coach, social media and online marketing strategist, and mom blogger. Her passion is to encourage, inspire and empower moms to go from stressed to blessed by providing them with the inspiration, encouragement, and tools they need to live a beyond blessed life. She also runs a membership called The Homeschool Sisterhood, which gives moms year-round support and guidance to succeed in their homeschool journey.
In addition to being an expert on all things homeschooling, Ana is also a world traveler and, recently, a full-time RVer! Her family has lived in Africa, South America, North America, and the Middle East. Now, they are living in an RV in British Columbia. In this episode, Ana shares their journey to RV life and paying off debt, her top tips and advice on homeschooling, and inspiring wisdom for living your dreams.
What we cover in this episode
- 1:00 – RV life beginnings
- 6:30 – The biggest transitions to RV life
- 13:30 – Advice for families wanting to hit the road
- 18:00 – Advice for homeschooling and finding a homeschooling community
- 24:30 – How homeschooling helps her children to be independent, lifelong learners
Ana’s advice on homeschooling
- De-school yourself! Programed to think that school happens 8 hours a day, through textbooks
It’s not true! We are born natural learners. We learn more through experience.
- Look for curriculum that fits your family’s learning style.
- You don’t need to know it all to teach your children. You can stay one step ahead and learn together.
Ana will be hosting the first online roadschooling conference this fall. Stay connected with Ana at They Call Me Blessed to learn more!
Ana’s advice on RVing
- Become unattached to material objects. Get rid of stuff.
- If you have debt, come up with a plan to pay it off as soon as possible.
- Think about how can you work smarter to make more income, while also having more family time.
- Dream big! Decide your mission or goal as a full-time RV family.
- Create the most amazing memorable moments as a family.