Camping World is all about providing everything you need for whatever type of adventure you have in mind – be it a weekend getaway or a years-long excursion. That’s why we’re thrilled to finally get the chance to do some adventuring of our own during our Ultimate RV Show National Tour.
We’re crisscrossing the United States, visiting some of our favorite places and packed everything you’d expect from an RV Show and more: great deals, exclusive show pricing, live-streamed walk-throughs, RV influencer interviews! You can visit at any one of our ten tour stop locations or from wherever you call home by registering online!
We’re heading into week four (January 21-23) of our Ultimate RV Show National Tour and that means heading out to the South-Central region, comprised of:
If you’re in the area or have the itch to travel, check out some of the best attractions in each of the states and, while you’re there, pop in on one of our Ultimate RV Show stops! We always like to see friendly faces on the road! Here are some of our favorite locations to visit in the South-Central region of the country.
Find the Ultimate RV Show National Tour Stop near you in Arkansas:
- Camping World of Little Rock – 9801 Diamond Drive, North Little Rock, AR
- Gander RV & Outdoors of Lowell – 317 N 6th Place, Lowell, AR
- Gander RV & Outdoors of North Little Rock – 6721 Warden Road, Sherwood, AR
The Ozark National Forest
The Ozark National Forest, located in Russellville, Arkansas, is 1.2 million acres full of adventure waiting to be explored. More than 500 species of plants call the Forest home including mostly hardwoods like oak and hickory. The forest is also is home to the tallest mountain in Arkansas – Mount Magazine and Blanchard Springs Caverns, both destinations in their own right.
The Forest also allows for exploration by way of hiking, ATV, and horseback with miles upon miles of trails. There are also more than 160 miles of nationally designated scenic byways to enjoy the untouched scenery of the forest from the road.
There is no camping available at the Forest aside from primitive camping. However, you can park your rig at nearby Piney Bay Campground located in Near London, Arkansas. For a more refined camping experience, reserve a 30 or 50-amp site at Cheatu aux Arc RV Park in Altus, Arkansas and enjoy camping on a vineyard.
Find the Ultimate RV Show National Tour Stop near you in Louisiana:
- Camping World of Breaux Bridge – 2301 N. Frontage Road, Breaux Bridge, LA
- Camping World of Shreveport – 3625 Industrial Drive, Bossier City, LA
Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge
Louisiana may be the country’s 19th smallest state, but 40 percent of the continental United States’ wetlands are found in the Pelican State. A visit to Louisiana isn’t complete without visiting a wetland, and there is no better place to experience the wonder of a wetland habitat than Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge located at the edge of Grand Lake in Cameron and Evangeline Parishes.
The refuge is a home to migratory waterfowl and many animals unique to the area. Because of this, wildlife viewing is a main activity in the refuge, birds in particular. You’ll also likely spot otters, racoons, armadillos, an, of course, the American alligator – a marshland staple. Other activities at the refuge include fishing and limited hunting of whitetail deer and waterfowl.
Camping isn’t allowed in the Refuge, so if you’re looking for a place to stay while visiting you can check out is Myers Landing RV Park in Lake Arthur or Blue Heron RV Park in Lake Charles. Both offer Wi-Fi, showers, and full-utility hookups.
Find the Ultimate RV Show National Tour Stop near you in Oklahoma:
- Airstream of Oklahoma – 13241 Broadway Extension, Oklahoma City, OK
- Camping World of Oklahoma City – 1311 North Broadway Extension, Oklahoma City, OK
- Camping World of Poteau – 34203 US Highway 59 S, Poteau, OK
- Camping World of Tulsa – 9005 E. Skelly Drive, Tulsa, OK
- Gander RV & Outdoors of Oklahoma City – 4901 S Anderson Road, Oklahoma City, OK
Alabaster Caverns State Park
Take a minute out of your travels to visit a site that is 200 million years in the making at Alabaster Caverns State Park. Formed by an evaporated inland sea, Alabaster Caverns State Park is the largest open-to-the-public natural gypsum cave.
Alabaster is a rare kind of gypsum, and the cavern features three kinds: pink, white, and the rare black, which can only be found in three veins in the world (Italy and China). The caverns are home to five different species of bat, and at last count there roughly 19,000 that live in the caves.
Alabaster Caverns offers daily guided tours from 9 am – 4 pm. Or, if you’re up for a more adventurous experience, try spelunking. You’ll need a permit for this so make sure to plan ahead.
After exploring underground all day, you’ll need a place to stay above ground overnight. Check out nearby Boiling Springs Campground in Woodward, Oklahoma, a Good Sam Four-Star-Rated campground. It’s a destination all its own with swimming, fishing, biking, golfing, and more available along with full hookups, a gift shop, Wi-Fi, outdoor grills, and more.
Find the Ultimate RV Show National Tour Stop near you in Texas:
- Camping World of Alvarado – 5201 S. Interstate 35 W., Alvarado, TX
- Camping World of Amarillo – 10300 1-40 Frontage Road, Amarillo, TX
- Camping World of Denton – 5209 N. Interstate 35, Denton, TX
- Camping World of El Paso – 8805 North Desert Boulevard, Anthony, TX
- Camping World of Fort Worth – 6001 Quebec Street, Fort Worth, TX
- Camping World of Houston – 27905 Katy Freeway, Katy, TX
- Camping World of Lubbock – 1701 S. Loop 289, Lubbock, TX
- Camping World of Spring – 19302 Interstate 45, Spring, TX
- Camping World of Tyler – 11271 US Highway 69, North Tyler, TX
- Camping World of San Antonio – 3891 South IH 35 New Braunfels, TX
- Camping World of Sherman – 2005 S. Sam Rayburn Freeway, Sherman, TX
- Gander RV of Mesquite – 2764 1-30, Mesquite, TX
- Gander RV & Outdoors of Tyler – 151 Market Square Boulevard, Tyler, TX
- Jack Sisemore Traveland – 4341 Canyon Drive, Amarillo, TX
San Antonio River Walk
The San Antonio River Walk is one of the top attractions in the entire state of Texas – and given Texas’ size, that’s saying a lot. This 15-mile stretch of the San Antonio River has it all – dining, shopping, entertainment, and more. Plus, it’s easily navigated by foot or by way of boat ride. You can opt for a fully narrated tour to learn all about the history of the area. There are even dinner cruises available if you’d like to make an evening out of it.
Speaking of dining, there are plenty of restaurants on the river walk including the famous Casa Rio, which has been serving up San Antonio-Style Mexican food for more than 70 years. The area is also home to museums, historic missions, theaters, and more.
After a day of food, fun, and festivities, check in for a night of peace and relaxation at the San Antonio/Alamo KOA in the eastern neighborhood of Skyline Park or the , Travelers World RV Resort—just four miles from the city center.
Dinosaur Valley State Park
It may surprise you to learn that dinosaurs once roamed the Lone Star State. A visit to Dinosaur Valley State Park, will teach you just that. Just outside of Dallas in Glen Rose, Texas Dinosaur Valley State Park is home to amazingly preserved dinosaur footprints available to view throughout the grounds. The Park also has several life-size dinosaur models on display for an idea of how the landscape of Texas would have looked millenniums ago.
There are also 12 hiking trails ranging in difficulty from easy to moderate and stellar views from the limestone ridges of the river valley. Horseback riding is also available because this is Texas after all. The Park also offers on-site camping with 44 RV-friendly campsites complete with water hookup and 30-amp service.
What are your favorite destinations in the South Central Region?