Ben and Becca were living the American Dream: a family of four in a beautiful house, a great job, and friends. But they never saw one another, and they decided that was no way for them to live. They were searching for more meaning in life. After they sold off most of their possessions, they hit the road in a travel trailer RV. Now, they’re the Family Fulfillment Project. In this interview, they talk with Sam about the great changes they’ve seen since diving in full-time, the challenges of RV living with a large family, and the many joys they’re experiencing.
Follow The Family Fulfillment Project on their website, YouTube, and Instagram!
Some topics we cover in this episode:
- 9:43 – The realities of family-living in a small trailer.
- 14:17 – The beauties of life on the road.
- 16:03 – A (near) disaster story.
- 19:34 – The favorite place they’ve been (so far).
- 20:34 – Their bucket list location.
- 22:00 – Their experiences with the RV community.
- 26:40 – Suggestions and advice for making the jump to full-timing.
- 31:10 – The best resource for full-timing.
Advice from the Family Fulfillment Project:
- Try to get out as much as possible and only use your tiny living space for sleeping.
- It’s okay to slow down. Not every day needs to be exciting. Some days are just homeschooling and laundry.
Make sure you are being smart financially. Have a financial runway, budget your travels, and use RV discounts (Passport America, Good Sam, Thousand Trails, RV club memberships). Don’t be afraid to buy a used RV. Save money by booking longer stays and getting weekly/monthly discounts. By using all these tips, your money will last much longer!
- If you are unhappy with your current life, what steps can you take towards fulfillment? There’s always another way. Open yourself up to the possibilities.