Joe Hendricks is a landscape photographer, so the RV lifestyle suits him perfectly. While traveling the past two years, Joe saw his wife and son really come alive. They bonded as a family and enjoyed meeting many other people on their adventures. He says that traveling has made them all much more outgoing.
After a long and winding road to getting out there in a brand new Airstream, Joe and his family have since moved back into a traditional home—but not for good. Joe sat with us to talk about photography, traveling with loved ones, bringing important life lessons back into the household, and why traveling will always be part of his life.
You can keep up with Joe and his photography via his website, Instagram, or listen to his podcast, The Basics of Photography.
Some episode highlights:
- 2:36 – What got Joe into an RV.
- 5:05 – Some of Joe’s favorite aspects of the RV life.
- 9:30 – Showing Mom America.
- 15:00 – The transition back to normal life.
- 16:39 – Keeping the traditions from the road, in a home.
- 18:41 – “The Photographer’s Mate.”
- 23:00 – One of his favorite stills he’s ever taken.
- 26:40 – His favorite stories from the road.
- 29:40 – Bucket list locations.
Joe’s advice for RVing:
- Learn to slow down. You might be tempted to rush from place to place, but take your time. No need to rush around and miss out on enjoying where you are.
- Many RV problems that come up can be fixed easier than you think. Prepare for maintenance emergencies by watching YouTube videos and learning some basic RV repair information while you are on the road.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- See Joe’s incredible photography work on his website.
- Check out his latest photos and travels on Instagram.
- Purchase prints with his new venture The Giving Print.