What are the Types of RVs?
When it comes to RVs, there are two categories: motorized and towable. Regardless of what RV you decide to travel in, they’ll ultimately fall into one of these two categories.
What is a Motorized RV?
A motorized RV, also referred to as a motorhome or drivable RV, is designed for comfort and can be powered by either gas or diesel engines. Motorized RVs are broken down into three classes: Class B, Class C, and Class A.
Learn More About Motorized RVs
- Class B Motorhomes That are Great for Couples
- The Best Short Class C Motorhomes
- Choosing Your RV: Class A vs. Class C Motorhomes
- 5 Fantastic Class A Motorhomes with a Wall Slide
- 3 Affordable Class A Motorhomes for Small Families
- Why So Many Retired Couples Choose Class A Motorhomes
What is a Towable RV?
A towable RV is a trailer-style RV that requires a tow vehicle. Designed to be towed by a pickup truck or an SUV, towable campers are sometimes light enough to be towed by smaller vehicles like a car or sedan as well. Towable RVs come in a wide range of sizes that include pop-ups, expandable campers, travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers.
Learn More About Towable RVs
- 7 Reasons Small Towable Campers are Awesome
- How to Safely Tow a Travel Trailer
- The Advantages of Owning a Toyhauler
- Half-Ton Towable RVs for Couples
- Are Toyhaulers the Best RVs for Outdoor Lovers?
- Tips for Backing Your Towable RV into Your Campsite
Both motorized and towable RVs come in a variety of floorplans to fit every lifestyle and budget. Whatever adventure you have planned, Camping World can help you find the perfect RV for the road ahead!
Am looking for an unusual type RV…I want a one man sleeper RV. that fits in the back of a Ranger Ford. Is incosed, opne door, flod dwon bed lightweight and economical. I’
ve only seen one of these critters over the years. Any thoughts;. ;