Today on the podcast, Sam interviews Phil and Stacy Farley from You, Me & the RV, a popular YouTube channel and blog. After spending most of their time apart with Phil’s career in the military and Stacy’s career as a nurse practitioner, the Farley’s decided to stop waiting for “someday” to live their travel dreams. Once the kids were out of the house and Phil retired from the military, they sold everything to live in an RV and travel the country, not knowing that they would soon become an inspiration to others within the RVing and military communities.
In this episode, Phil and Stacy share their experiences from downsizing and their first year on the road, how they promote awareness for the military, and how to embrace their “Today is Someday” philosophy.
What we cover in this episode:
- 0:30 – Camp hosting
- 4:30 – Getting on the road and downsizing
- 9:00 – Today is someday philosophy
- 12:00 – First year on the road
- 17:00 – Bringing awareness to the military community
- 21:00 – Stories from the road
Advice from You, Me, & the RV
- Downsizing – Purge a little at a time so it doesn’t feel like such a big task. Go through one closet or one bedroom and find things to get rid of. Then, do it a few more times with the same area. Focus on finding a few things each time and you’ll make progress.
- “Today is Someday” – Many times in life we say that we’ll do the things we want to do “someday”. At any moment, you can get started on that dream. You don’t have to wait until “someday”. That day may never come. The time may never be perfect. What can you do to get closer to your dream today? What is one small step that you can take?
- RVing – It’s an adventure every time you get behind the wheel. As much as possible, know what you’re getting into and research ahead of time. Always be prepared financially. You never know what expenses might come up. You can’t live free while RVing, but you can live cheap.
Links mentioned in this episode
- Click here for fun RVing YouTube videos from You, Me & the RV!
- Read about 50 amazing RV apps and other great RVing information on the Today is Someday blog