Matt and Diana, both European immigrants, took their first trip together in Yosemite where they fell in love with each other and the National Parks. After two years of planning, they quit their Silicon Valley tech jobs in July of 2018 and moved into an RV to hit the road full time. They are on a quest to visit all 419 National Parks!
Their goal is to inspire you to explore the outdoors and give you the information you need to do it. They share their journey and tips on their Adventurous Way blog and YouTube channel. Having engineering backgrounds, they also write detailed guides to electrical upgrades and other mods that they have done to their 25ft Outdoors RV travel trailer.
In this episode, Sam chats with Matt and Diana about their quest to visit all of the National Park units, stories from the road, and advice for planning a National Park tour.
What we cover in this episode:
- 2:00 – From road trips to a national park adventure
- 9:00 – Highlights of this new lifestyle
- 17:00 – What destinations are next on the list?
- 21:00 – Off-roading in Great Sand Dunes National Park
- 32:00 – Advice for planning a National Park tour
Advice on planning a National Park tour
- Do research ahead of time. The more you research, the more you’ll get out of it.
- Check the national park websites and look for information online through blogs and videos.
- Talk to the rangers and staff. They will tell you what to do and where to go in each location.
- Get up early! If you get out into the parks before everyone else, you’ll be able to see more and enjoy the experience with fewer tourists.
Links mentioned in this episode
- Read about the adventure at Adventurous Way!
- Watch RVing and National Park tips on the Adventurous Way YouTube Channel.