Since hitting the road in July 2018, Summer Slevin has made her way from Illinois to Alaska, Texas, Florida, Maine, and Wyoming, making her way to America’s Best Idea. Summer’s superpowers are connecting with others and telling stories of the people she meets around the world. She spends her time on the road making a podcast about the strangers she meets in the Parks, creating a YouTube Channel about her Real Life Van Life, and teaching entrepreneurs how to find, hire, and onboard the perfect virtual assistant. When Summer isn’t talking to strangers, you can probably find her eating delicious food, taking a nap, or playing in the grass with her puppy. You can follow Summer’s adventures behind the scenes on Instagram @SumSlev.
In this episode, Sam talks to Summer about van life, mental health on the road, and how her passion for National Parks helped her fall back in love with America.
Some highlights from this episode:
- 1:50 – Current travels and National Park stories
- 12:00 – Upcoming travels and hard to reach National Parks
- 15:00 – Jumping into van life
- 21:00 – Running a business while traveling
- 25:00 – Stories from van life and mental health on the road