Since hitting the road in July 2018, Summer Slevin has made her way from Illinois to Alaska, Texas, Florida, Maine, and Wyoming, making her way to America’s Best Idea. Summer’s superpowers are connecting with others and telling stories of the people she meets around the world. She spends her time on the road making a podcast about the strangers she meets in the National Parks, creating a YouTube Channel about her Real Life Van Life, and teaching entrepreneurs how to find, hire, and onboard the perfect virtual assistant.
When Summer isn’t talking to strangers, you can probably find her eating delicious food, taking a nap, or playing in the grass with her puppy. You can follow Summer’s van life and National Park adventures behind the scenes on Instagram @SumSlev.
In this episode, Sam talks to Summer about van life, mental health on the road, and how her passion for National Parks helped her fall back in love with America.
Some highlights from this episode:
- 1:50 – Current travels and National Park stories
- 12:00 – Upcoming travels and hard to reach National Parks
- 15:00 – Jumping into van life
- 21:00 – Running a virtual assistant business while traveling
- 25:00 – Stories from van life and mental health on the road
Want to know what it’s really like to live in a van?
It’s not always as glamorous as the photos on Instagram, but van life is definitely an adventure! On her YouTube channel Real Life Van Life, Summer shares what it’s really like every day to live and work from a van with her puppy. Check out van life meals, van tours, wifi on the road, and more!
Links from this episode:
- Listen to fascinating tales in National Parks with Summer’s Nat Park Stories Podcast.
- Learn about what it’s really like to live in a van with Summer’s new YouTube channel Real Life Van Life.
- Find, hire, and onboard the perfect virtual assistant with Summer’s new online course. Take their 5 Days to a VA Challenge here.