Marshall Wendler has been full-time RVing since April of 2014 in his Lance travel trailer. Having felt the nomadic pull for most of his adult life, he decided to act on it after finding himself widowed in his early 40’s. Marshall shares his love of the RVing lifestyle through Camp Addict, an RV product education website.
He enjoys boondocking and traveling at a leisurely pace. Marshall describes himself as “a working man with a changing backyard”. He doesn’t feel the need to be in tourist mode all the time because RVing is his lifestyle, one which he plans to continue for a very long time.
In this episode, Sam chats with Marshall about moochdocking, caravanning as a solo traveler, and running a business on the road.
Some highlights from this episode:
- 1:30 – Moochdocking and boondocking
- 4:00 – Journey to full-time RVing and RV community
- 9:30 – Co-founding Camp Addict
- 17:00 – Memorable moments from the road
- 22:00 – Surprisingly awesome places to visit
Caravanning as a solo traveler
When Marshall first started RVing, he didn’t know anyone on the road. He quickly met many other travelers and really found his tribe by attending events with Xscapers. He met his business partner, Kelly, and now they caravan together about 70% of the time, running their business activities and traveling the country. Marshall loves having the freedom to caravan whenever he wants or travel alone whenever he wants. After his boondocking incident though… he has decided to stick to caravanning as a solo traveler from now on.
Links from this episode:
- Follow Marshall on Instagram
- Check out RV product reviews and more at Camp Addict
- Find your RV travel tribe with Xscapers
- Listen to Kelly’s episode about female solo travel and Camp Addict
- Read Kelly’s article about Marshall’s boondocking injury story