Josh and Brittain are the husband+wife duo behind OutofNorm.al – where their mantra is life, unwasted. The two of them have been galavanting all over the country in an ’88 Airstream for the past 2.5 years…and counting. They seek out small towns, BLM lands and the next vintage camper they can renovate for their AirBNB glamping business.
They were inspired to live life on the road after a date to an RV show in their hometown of Kansas City. Their jobs at the time required 100% travel, making life on the road only a choice away. After a wedding and the purchase of their Airstream, they gave themselves a kick out the door to life on the road.
They’re currently posted up in Nashville where they’ve found a 1987 Airstream 345 motorcoach to add to their BnB fleet. This classy coach – affectionately named “Maxwell” – will soon be available for glamping in the Nashville area.
Tune in to hear about RV culture, camping on BLM lands, and what it’s like to run an Airbnb glamping RV rental business!
Some highlights from this episode:
- 1:00 – Finding the 345 motorcoach
- 4:30 – Getting into RVing
- 7:00 – Life before RVing
- 11:00 – Advice for work on the road and RVing
- 17:00 – Favorite experiences
- 21:00 – The RV culture and community
- 25:00 – Social impact and Airbnb glamping business
- 33:30 – What’s next for travels?
Advice from Josh and Brittain
- Look for free boondocking sites on BLM land whenever possible. You can find campsites right outside of National Parks with incredible views.
- Take the time to enjoy the moments and special experiences on the road. You can create instant lifetime friendships with the people you meet because you’re bonding over RVing and RV culture.
- Seek work and projects that align with your passions. If you love to travel, you’ll find a way to fund your lifestyle on the road! Just get out there and find what works for you.
I was told that RVs don’t have to have a title!?! And I’m finding alot if them don’t,.. could this be true or would it be just for the pull behinds?