There’s a reason most RV manufacturers make their dinettes convertible – versatility. While the dinette’s primary purpose is for serving meals, many RVers use it for remote work, sleeping space, game nights, and more.
No matter what your RV floorplan looks like, odds are the dinette is front and center. That’s why it’s a great candidate for a reimagined interior design or RV renovation.
How to Make Your RV Dinette Bed More Comfortable
Whether it’s for guests or you use your dinette as a primary sleeping space, these tips will help you make it more comfortable:
- Make it like a real bed. Don’t rely on a sleeping bag. Get an extra set of sheets, pillows, and a comforter or throw blanket to make a comfortable dinette bed.
- Measure for a mattress topper. Finding a mattress pad or topper that fits your dinette bed is a great way to make it more comfortable.
- Mind the seams. Configure the cushions so there are fewer seams under your body. This often means moving the larger cushions to the center and placing the narrower cushions at the edges.
- Substitute an air mattress for the cushions. Some RVers remove the cushions altogether and inflate an air mattress in their place.
- Replace your dinette cushions. Upgrading the cushions to a denser cushion fill is one of the easiest ways to improve the comfort of your RV dinette.
How To Make Dinette Cushion Covers
Covering your RV dinette cushions is a smart way to maximize their longevity. Here’s why you might want to consider RV dinette cushion covers:
- Cushion covers protect from dust, pet hair, food scraps, and anything that can dirty or stain permanently.
- Cushion covers protect the cushions from sharp scratches or snags.
- Cushion covers make for easy RV cleaning if you spill on them. Simply remove and launder machine washable covers.
If you want to cover your RV’s dinette cushions, start by measuring them. Most RVs have bottom and back cushions, so you’ll need the length, width, and height of both types before you begin shopping online for RV dinette cushion covers.
Bottom cushions = the cushions you sit on.
Back cushions = the cushions you lean back on.
There’s also an easy DIY solution if you don’t want to search for cushion-specific covers. You can utilize an extra set of RV sheets or throw blankets to tuck in around your dinette cushions to protect them, reduce damage, and make them easier to clean.
Savvy sewers can make covers using a basic pillowcase design measured to fit your unique dinette.
Where to Buy RV Dinette Cushions
When you decide it’s time to replace the cushions in your RV dinette, Camping World is here to help. You can explore our selection of replacement RV dinette cushions or find your local Camping World Design Center to speak with a specialist about your RV design dreams.
RV Dinette Replacement Ideas and Design Inspiration
If you rarely use your dinette or need that space for another purpose, you should consider renovating your RV. Here are some of the coolest RV dinette design or renovation ideas we’ve seen from RV owners:
Brighten It Up
Create a Breakfast Bar
Redo the Upholstery
“Just reupholstered ours [to make it] look brighter and cleaner.”– Wendy Brimmer Patterson
Switch to Theater Seating
“Love our theater seating!! Added two folding chairs so we can look out the large window behind the couch while eating inside.” – Remedy Rage
“Theater seating with tv trays.” – Linda Hawes
We love the mounted coffee maker, hanging mug storage, and hardwood table top in this converted freestanding RV dinette – don’t ya gnome it!
This beautiful freestanding RV dinette provides the comforts of a residential dining table recessed in the RV’s slide-out. A nicely displayed piece of RV decor accentuates the extended hanging lights – Life is Good indeed.
In case you weren’t clear about the main use for this dinette – to Eat. But with that picturesque window as a backdrop, it also seems perfect for remote work, crossword puzzles, or birdwatching!
As a focal point of the most popular travel trailer floorplans, the dinette is primed for a custom design or RV renovation. Camping World’s Design Centers are here to help you make your RV upgrade dreams a reality. Stop in and speak with a specialist today!
What ideas do you have for redesigning or renovating your RV dinette? Share in the comments below!