Kelly left suburbia back in 2015. With a house too big for her and her two tiny dogs, and a life that had felt stale years prior, she found herself totally free to live a nomadic life.
An exclusive boondocker, she’s loving the wide open spaces out west. Chasing the good weather is a requirement. Work is her primary daily routine, but exploring is a big part of this lifestyle and she hikes and explores nearby towns whenever possible.
Kelly blogs about her adventures and shares RVing tips on her website RV Chickadee and is also the co-founder of Camp Addict, the online destination for RV product guides and reviews!
Tune into this interview to hear all about why Kelly thinks boondocking is so awesome, female solo travel tips, and life on the road.
A few things we covered:
- 2:20 – Why Kelly exclusively boondocks
- 7:09 – Safety on the road
- 15:03 – Best aspects of boondocking
- 20:05 – Kelly’s RV
- 29:35 – Opportunities on the road
- 34:14 – Camp Addict
- 38:00 – Kelly’s Banff story
- 48:35 – Madmax encounter
Kelly’s advice on boondocking
- Boondocking keeps you intentional. There’s always a bit of a struggle, but that gives you so much more satisfaction.
- You have to chase the weather a bit, since you can’t easily run an air conditioner with a generator. It’s all part of the fun.
- Most people are inherently good and you won’t have any troubles with safety when you’re boondocking. Just be aware of your surroundings.
Check out Camp Addict!
Camp Addict is your online destination for the most complete RV product guides and reviews on the internet. Find the answers to all of your product questions in one place and check out more advice on RVing and camping!