It all started out with a honeymoon RVing adventure. Now, Heath Padgett is one of the best known full-time RVers on the road. Along with his wife Alyssa, he puts on the RV Entrepreneur Summit, writes blogs about RVing, vlogs about epic travel destinations, and hosts a podcast about making money on the road, plus a number of other noteworthy activities (like co-founding the company Campground Booking). In this interview, Heath sat with us to dish about getting to where they are today, being influential to new road warriors, and changing the future of RVing.
You can buy Alyssa’s book, A Beginner’s Guide to Living in an RV: Everything I Wish I Knew Before Full-Time RVing Across America, or keep up with Heath and Alyssa on their Instagram.
Want to learn more about the RV Entrepreneur Summit and community? Join the Facebook group and head over to the website to check out the details for next year’s RVE Summit!
Some episode highlights:
- 5:16 – Heath’s RV story.
- 11:18 – The intent behind their documentary.
- 13:32 – How a rough first trip on the road brought them closer together.
- 16:50 – What the folks in his small Texas town thought of his plan to RV.
- 18:43 – A background on and overview of the RV Entrepreneur Summit.
- 24:36 – The many jobs of RV Entrepreneurs.
- 31:15 – Conversations about the future of RVing.
- 33:30 – CampgroundBooking.com.
- 36:09 – Their businesses, goals, and how RVs fit into it.
- 38:26 – Heath’s podcasting best practices.
- 42:12 – Business on the road vs. business for business sake.
- 45:24 – What the podcast has done for his own business.
- 48:00 – Advice for starting your own podcast.
- 53:00 – Writing a book.
- 56:22 – Harnessing the power of Amazon.
- 58:04 – International RV travel, and what that means for their current RV.
- 1:00:16 – Building an RV park.
- 1:04:47 – Heath’s least proud RVer moments.
- 1:08:34 – Their future, and going back to a “normal” lifestyle.