With cold weather comes the need to makes some dishes that will warm you up, especially when you’re out camping in your RV. Soups are perfect. They keep you warm and full at the same time.
While you could make any soup you want—vegetable, tomato, pea, or chicken noodle—if you’re looking for something a little different, why not test out butternut squash soup?
Try this Boondock Butternut Squash Soup recipe the next time you take your RV out this fall.
Boondock Butternut Squash Soup
This tasty recipe that you can do in your crockpot will switch up your soup game so you’ll never become sick of eating with a spoon.
- 15 minutes of prep
- 8 hours to cook
- 3 to 4 pounds of butternut squash
- 1 large carrot or 12 baby carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 fresh sprig of sage
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of paprika (garnish)
- 1 pinch of thyme (garnish)
- Small handful of pumpkin seeds
- Chop the butternut squash up into small pieces and put it in the crockpot.
- Slice the apple and put it in the crockpot.
- Quarter the white onion and put it in the crockpot.
- Either cut up one large carrot or add 12 baby carrots to the crockpot.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, sage sprig, minced garlic, and vegetable stock to the crockpot.
- Cook for 8 hours.
- Remove sage sprig, add in coconut milk, and blend up ingredients into soup consistency.
- Sprinkle paprika, salt, and pepper on top, and garnish with thyme, sage, and pumpkin seeds.
Click here to see more recipes.