Hotdogs and hamburgers are a great meal on a camping trip, but it’s not what you want to eat every night. Sometimes you need to switch up dinner, and that’s where this Backcountry Broccoli Beef recipe can come in. If you’re a fan of some beef and veggies over rice, then this is exactly what you need.
With this easy recipe, you’ll be able to have a tasty and hearty meal in as little as 30 minutes after you begin. Just don’t forget to cook the rice, too!
Backcountry Broccoli Beef
This recipe works great for small families or for two pairs of couples because it serves four people.
- 10 minutes to prep
- 20 minutes to cook
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder.
- Cut up boneless round steak into small strips and add to cornstarch mixture and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and 1/2 cup of water set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Cook steak until brown then remove from skillet.
- Slice onion and cook in skillet for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli florets and cook for four minutes.
- Add the steak back into the skillet and continue to cook.
- Add in the soy sauce mix and cook for two minutes.
- Place the cooked beef and veggies over the cooked rice and serve.
Click here to see more recipes.