[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The RV-egans are in it to win it with a plant-based dinner that’s both comforting, flavorful, and fun. Watch them make it on The Great American Cookoff.
Ingredients For Polenta
- 1 cup Italian polenta
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup smoked vegan provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, cubed
Instructions For Polenta
- Bring liquid to a boil and add polenta, stirring constantly. Add cheeses, butter and spices. Keep on low heat and stir constantly while you are making the poblano.
- Bring pizza oven to 400 degrees. Seed two poblano peppers and remove stem. Brush with olive oil. Take one head of garlic and brush with olive oil. Place in pizza oven until skin blisters on poblano and garlic is tender but not burnt. Let both cool and peel skin from pepper and remove cloves from the garlic by squeezing.
- Slice skinned and seeded poblano peppers into desired strips.
Ingredients For Pecan Ragu
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped cilantro
Instructions For Pecan Ragu
- Melt butter and add all ingredients. Brown until crispy.
- Ladle polenta into a bowl and stop with strips of poblano peppers.
- Add a spoonful of ragu and top all of that with a smashed garlic glove and fresh cilantro. Drizzle with extra vegan butter if you want. I want.
2 Traveling Dogs Pull-Out Couch Sangria
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Port Wine. If you use less fruit than the recipe because you have something against fresh fruit, go with 1/2 cup. I use a cup because, life.
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup Limoncello Liqueur. (don’t worry, nobody’s watching.)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (plus some for garnish)
- Pint of blueberries
- Pint of raspberries
- Pint of blackberries
- Pint of kumquats
- 1 apple (I like Kanzi)
- 1 Meyer lemon (could also use an orange if you’re like that)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 bottle of rosé wine ($12.99 buys a decent wine for this. If you buy a $5.99 bottle thinking that the fruit is going to cover up the wine anyway…I can’t even look at you right now).
- 1 bottle of kombucha (I like raspberry lemon, but you do you)
- Fresh mint right off the plant because talking to plants relieves stress.
- Wash everything! Including yourself! Don’t wash the sugar though. Okay, maybe just wash what needs to be washed. I trust you.
- As always, I like everything as cold as Peanut Butter Brickle’s demeanor. But room temperature fruit will extract more flavor faster and taste sweeter. All the liquid stuffs should be cold though. You don’t want hot sangria…I guess not.
- Put all of the berries into a large container you can put a lid on. No lid? Improvise something. You’re not building a rocket.
- Cut the lemon into pieces and add to the berries (watch for seeds and get em outta there)
- Ditto with the apple.
- Cut the Kumquot fun fruits in half and add them to this cauldron of flavors.
- Brown sugar is GO to the moon…add it I mean.
- Now for the good stuff. Add the Port wine. Not just any old Port in the storm either. Good Port is usually $20 a bottle. If you find a good one cheaper, please let me know. I’m running out of money.
- Open the limoncello. Take a sip and admire it for a moment….and now add it. If it truly loves you, you will taste it again in the sangria.
- Masterfully slide in those cinnamon sticks. Don’t eat these, they are tree bark.
- Mix everything to get that liquid up on the fruit. Let it rest for at least an hour to think about what it’s done. This will extract and blend flavors.
- After you just can’t wait anymore, put all that goodness into a huge something to serve it out.
- Dramatically add the chilled rosé wine.
- Covertly pour in the kombucha. It’s our little secret.
- Give a quick stir with a wooden spoon. I really don’t know why.
- As you pour this elegant elixir into stemless wine glasses, you’re going to realize you have too much fruit up in here. That’s okay. What doesn’t go in the glass, you can use in waffles tomorrow morning. Or just eat out of this jar because you know…Vitamin C.
- Roll up some mint leaves (rolling releases the flavorful oils) and finely chop. Sprinkle in the center of the drink.
- Take the tree bark (cinnamon sticks) and add a sprig of fresh mint to the hole in the center of it so that it looks kinda like a palm tree. (Use your imagination please)
- Now float that in the center of the sprinkled mint.
- You have yourself a cinnamon mint island floating in a sea of refreshment.
Before you take your first sip, pull-out the couch in your RV because you’re never making it to the bedroom. Don’t worry, your dog prefers sleeping on the couch with you anyway![/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_btn title=”Shop Ovens & Pizza” style=”classic” color=”primary” align=”center” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.campingworld.com%2Foutdoor-camping%2Fcamp-kitchen%2Fcamp-cookers%2Fovens-pizza|title:Shop%20Fryers|target:_blank”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_btn title=”Shop Blenders & Mixers” style=”classic” color=”primary” align=”center” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.campingworld.com%2Finside-rv%2Fkitchen-dining%2Fsmall-appliances%2Fblenders-mixers|title:Shop%20Pressure%20%26%20Slow%20Cookers|target:_blank”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_cta h2=”Italian Pizza Oven” add_button=”bottom” btn_title=”Buy” btn_color=”blue” btn_align=”center” btn_link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.campingworld.com%2Fitalia-artisan-pizza-oven-accessory-77975.html%3Fcgid%3Dovens-pizza%23start%3D1%26cgid%3Doutdoor-camping%252Fcamp-kitchen%252Fcamp-cookers%252Fovens-pizza|title:Buy|target:_blank”]
[/vc_cta][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_cta h2=”NutriBullet Blender” txt_align=”center” add_button=”bottom” btn_title=”Buy” btn_color=”blue” btn_align=”center” btn_link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.campingworld.com%2Fnutribullet-600w-personal-blender-125384.html%3Fcgid%3Dblenders-mixers%23start%3D5%26cgid%3Dinside-rv%252Fkitchen-dining%252Fsmall-appliances%252Fblenders-mixers|title:Buy|target:_blank”]
Toastmaster Slow Cooker