Technology makes life easier in so many ways, both at home and on the road. Explore this collection of RV gadgets to stay connected, improve the comfort of your RV trips, and ensure the safety of your RV and everyone traveling with you.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
TireMinder i10 RV TPMS with 10 Transmitters
- Continuous monitoring of up to 20 tires
- Displays up to 10 tires at once
- Hands-free vehicle swapping
- Superior signal strength
- 3.15″ color display
The ability to keep tabs on the pressure in all tires of your motorhome, trailer, or tow vehicle will make any tech-savvy RVer ecstatic. Tire health is super critical to any RV journey. Sure, you should have a service like Good Sam Roadside Assistance in case of an emergency, but this RV gadget will help you recognize and prevent tire issues before they create an emergency.
Digital Temperature Monitor
TempMinder Wireless Thermometer and Clock
- Displays indoor and outdoor temps
- Works with up to 3 remote sensors (one included)
- 165′ range
- Stores minimum and maximum temperatures
- User-selectable 12/24-hour clock
The days of guessing whether you’ll need a sweatshirt for your morning walk will be over with an indoor-outdoor temperature monitor. You’ll know what you’re getting into before you open your RV’s door and let any cold air in. Plus, you’ll be able to double-check the temperature setting on your RV thermostat to ensure your air conditioner and/or furnace is working up to your standard.
Satellite Receiver and DVR
DISH Wally HD Satellite Receiver with DVR Upgrade Expansion Bundle
- Record up to 100 hours of programming
- Compact design
- AV-optimized for smooth playback
- RF remote control with up to 200′ range
- Installs easily with just a single USB cord
- $40 DVR activation fee may apply
Take your DISH television services on the road with the Wally receiver and DVR. This allows you to find your preferred shows from home and record them for future viewing. This way, you won’t always be limited to whatever local channels you can pick up by connecting your RV to the cable input at each campground.
Stansport 18-LED Camping Lantern with Fan
- 18 super bright LEDs
- 40-lumen output
- Built-in handle with hanging hook
- Fan operates up to 50 hours on low setting
- Requires 2 D batteries (not included)
Sometimes, it’s the simplest RV gadgets that have the biggest impact. When you’re between destinations and want to conserve power, this LED lantern will really come in handy. It’s the perfect gift for boondockers and owners of smaller campers. Plus, it has a long-lasting fan that helps to keep you cool overnight when you aren’t plugged in and can’t run your air conditioning unit.
Wi-Fi on Steroids GenX MEGA Booster
- Four external antennas
- Factory-rated coverage of 500 meters
- Connects to free Wi-Fi connections in the US and Canada
- Five modes of operation
- Wireless transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps
- Compact, wall-mounted design
It’s no secret that campground Wi-Fi networks aren’t always the fastest and most reliable. That’s why some RVers employ a Wi-Fi booster to improve an existing network. No, it doesn’t create a Wi-Fi connection where none already exists, but it will boost an existing signal to improve your connection, increase upload and download speeds, and make remote work or video streaming much more enjoyable.
RV GPS Unit
Garmin RV 795 7″ RV GPS Navigator
- Large 7″ display
- Bright, high-resolution touchscreen
- Custom routing (when available)
- Preloaded directory of RV parks and services, Tripadvisor ratings, and more
- BirdsEye Satellite Imagery helps with smooth arrivals
- Garmin voice assist tells the navigator where to go
So many of us now rely on our smartphones for navigation on an RV road trip. But when you’re driving a large motorhome or towing a huge fifth wheel, operating your phone and making out the directions on that small screen can be dangerous. That’s why an RV gadget like a console-mounted GPS unit is a great gift to assist with route creation, waypoint finding, and on-the-go navigation. Plus, it may alleviate arguments between the driver and the human navigator in the passenger seat.
Trailer Life Pathway 5″ Wireless Backup Camera System
- New-gen wireless technology reduces lag and interference
- Bright IPS screen delivers sharp images
- Records events with 1080p @ 30fps full HD resolution
- Provides full-color images in dim-lighting
- Built-in microphone lets you hear sounds behind your vehicle
Visibility is always a challenge when backing into campsites, navigating compact parking lots, or making your way through a small gas station. If your RV is prepped for it, installing a backup camera is a great way to make navigation easy and protect your RV investment. Sure, your passenger should be familiar with the best practices for guiding an RV driver, but there’s no substitute for adding visuals to their verbal cues and often confusing hand signals.
Keyless Entry System
Bauer Bluetooth Keyless RV Entry Door Lock
- Direct replacement for standard RV entrance door lock
- Intelligent Touch Recognition Technology distinguishes between human touch and water
- Advanced Alsentis Technology reduces battery draw and enables full operation of the keypad in wet conditions
- Programmable 4-digit PIN for keyless operation
- Fits a 2.75″ x 3.75″ cutout and a door thickness of 1.375″ to 1.5″
- Free Bauer Smart Lock app available on Android or iOS devices
This is one of the best RV gadgets out there for improving your RV’s security. We’ve heard of far too many RVers having to “break in” to their trailer or motorhome because they accidentally locked the keys inside. With a remote entry system, you’ll have two methods to get back into your RV: traditional keys or a customizable 4-digit pin. This really comes in handy when you’re heading out for a run or long bike ride and don’t want the nuisance of carrying the keys with you.
Winegard Gateway 4G LTE Wi-Fi Router
- Activates preinstalled 4G LTE and Wi-Fi antennas in the AIR 360+
- Use while in motion or parked
- Get more reliable 4G LTE signals
- Extend Wi-Fi range up to a third of a mile
- GPS antenna included
This RV gadget is an excellent gift for anyone who has the Winegard AIR 360+ (not the standard 360 model) installed on the roof of their RV. It’s an easy installation to activate the existing technology in that antenna to allow you to enjoy its full capability. Unlike a Wi-Fi booster, this router does indeed create your own unique Wi-Fi network and can be used while your RV is parked or while you’re cruising between destinations.
DISH Playmaker Portable Satellite Antenna
- Powered by the receiver
- No separate power cable
- For stationary use only with one Solo HD receiver
- 16″ x 13″ diameter
Designed for use with a DISH Solo HD receiver, the Playmaker is an ideal portable antenna for RVers without a roof-mounted antenna installed on their unit. If your RV friend has been complaining about their lack of ability to tune into local stations to watch the news wherever they travel, give them the gift of staying connected with this portable satellite antenna.
TravlFi Journey1 LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Provides 4G/LTE internet service anywhere with a cellular signal
- Connects to the strongest local signal using VSIM technology
- No physical SIM card is required
- Connect up to five devices simultaneously
- Requires a prepaid data plan from 2 GB up to unlimited
This RV gadget is a great gift for full-time RVers, remote workers, or anyone who needs Wi-Fi and doesn’t want to rely on campground networks. It also serves well for those without the AIR 360+ antenna. It’ll work wherever you receive a reliable cellular signal, and you have the freedom to choose your ideal prepaid data plan, depending on how frequently you’ll use it during each RV camping season.