Just because you took to the road and are spending some time camping in your RV doesn’t mean you have to go without the comfort foods of home.
When most people think ribs, they think of a lot of work in the kitchen. Well, it doesn’t have to be that way! You can make ribs right in your RV with a simple crockpot and enjoy them with the whole family right at the campground.
Try this Road Warrior Ribs recipe the next time you’re hungry while camping.
Road Warrior Ribs
This recipe is easy and will serve up to four people. It’s great because you can do your prep work early in the day, go out exploring and then come back around dinnertime to a delicious ready-to-eat meal.
- 15 minutes of prep
- 4 to 8 hours to cook
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Pro tip: If you use a crockpot liner, you’ll make cleanup extremely easy.
- Combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, molasses, paprika, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the membrane from the ribs.
- Put sauce and ribs in a crockpot for either 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Click here to see more recipes.