Jorn and Hannah Vangoidtsenhoven from Vango Photos work as a freelance duo on the road, sharing their stories and wildlife photographs in books and magazines as they travel through the US, Mexico, and Central America. They’ve traveled by Airstream, truck camper, and now a Casita trailer.
In this episode, Sam interviews Jorn and Hannah about camping and RVing in Mexico, their favorite international camping destinations, and capturing incredible wildlife photography. Tune in for stories from Mexico and Central America!
Some highlights from this episode:
- 1:00 – Intro to traveling North America
- 5:00 – From Airstream to truck camper to Casita trailer
- 7:30 – Travels in Mexico
- 13:00 – Campgrounds in Mexico
- 16:00 – Favorite experiences in Mexico and Central America
- 19:30 – Best travel destinations
- 24:00 – What’s next?
- 27:00 – Wildlife photography
Advice for RVing in Mexico
- Many people are fearful of camping and RVing in Mexico, but it has so much to offer. There are areas that you should be more careful, but many areas are very safe and friendly.
- RVing in Mexico and Central America is amazing. It’s like immersing yourself in a whole other world. A world before big businesses took over, full of small family shops and restaurants. It’s a unique camping experience full of culture that you must try!
- Keep in mind that roads in Mexico and Central America can be more rural and you may not know that your route to a campground is “offroad” until you get there. Give yourself plenty of time to navigate to where you need to go, in case you need to find an alternate route or another campground.
- Mexico has so much to offer. It’s not just all beaches or desert. Our favorite place is the central highlands of Mexico.