Ari and Jessi from Trekers.org are on a mission to hike, camp, and boldly go on adventures in their Class B Roadtrek RV. In this interview, Sam chats with Ari and Jessi at The RV Entrepreneur Summit. You’ll hear about their learnings from the event, Jessi’s epic Simon Says win during the conference, and their current plans to visit all of the state parks in Michigan.
Some highlights from this episode:
1:00 – Leaning into RV life and community
6:00 – Buying the Roadtrek
11:00 – Travel plans for Michigan state parks
16:30 – Bucket list travel destinations
19:00 – Opportunities for working on the road
21:00 – Jessi’s Simon Says talents
24:00 – Learnings from The RV Entrepreneur Summit
100 Years for Michigan state parks
2019 marks 100 years since the founding of the Michigan state parks system. To celebrate this centennial year, Jessi and Ari have a goal to visit all of the 103 state parks in Michigan.
Learnings from The RV Entrepreneur Summit
Here are a few of the key takeaways that the Trekers learned at the RVE Summit:
- Remember your why. Remember you’re focusing on travel and freedom. As one of the speakers said, “Not every day in RV life will be Facebook worthy.” Focusing on your why will keep you going on this journey.
- It’s okay to say no. When you’re first starting out (in a new lifestyle, business, etc), it’s tempting to take on all opportunities possible. This isn’t always the best thing to do. Some opportunities, even good ones, can take you away from your original focus. Be strategic about what you decide to take on.
- We’re not alone in this journey. There are people at all stages of life and business in the RV community and so many examples to learn from.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Check out the Trekers website
- Subscribe to Trekers on Youtube for adventures and RV videos
- Follow Trekers on Instagram