Kerensa Durr & Brandon Hatcher hit the road in January of 2014 and haven’t looked back. They spend their time finding regional foods, exploring cool places to dive, and meeting other RVers. After years of enjoying their freedom exploring the US in their RV, they wanted to help others learn the ropes of full-timing at RVtoFreedom.com and with their course Roadmap to Full-Time RVing. You can find them every day in their popular Facebook group RV to Freedom Group, where they help others learn to RV.
What we cover in this episode:
- 2:55 – What is RV to Freedom?
- 10:24 – Developing their curriculum.
- 15:55 – Seeing their students thrive.
- 18:50 – Why they RV.
- 27:35 – Differences between city life and RV Life
- 33:15 – RV Memories and the eclipse.
- 36:45 – Get out and RV!
- 41:23 – Kerensa and Brandon’s RV bucket list
Learn to RV
When it came to creating an RV community, Kerensa and Brandon wanted to create a place where people wouldn’t feel alone when starting the RV journey. From their RV to Freedom Facebook group to their Roadmap to Full-time RVing course, their mission is all about education, community, and having fun.
They spent months putting together their Roadmap to Full-time RVing course, making sure it was an accurate resource for RVing. They even beta-tested the content with users prior to launch and used the feedback to make more improvements and additions.
Advice from RV to Freedom
- Think about your “why” for hitting the road. Why do you want to live this lifestyle?
- Remember to get out of the house mindset. Your RV is your house, but also your vehicle. Buy an RV that fits your personal travel style. The RV is a tool to get out there and adventure.
- Figure out the money thing early on. Try to figure out some income streams before you start traveling full-time. You’ll get distracted once you get on the road (adventures, breakdowns, etc!).