The RV lifestyle extends well beyond the borders of the United States. There’s no better example of that than Lindsey and Adam Nubern. They spend their lives traveling in an RV—not just in the US, but internationally. In fact, Lindsey wrote the book on campervanning in New Zealand, after they traveled through the country in a minivan for 5 months. After their trip, they continued RVing in the U.S. in their casita trailer. Now, they want to experiment with having a home base and living a part-time travel lifestyle, giving them time to connect with their local community and still go out on adventures.
Listen in as they share dozens of stories about sheep shearing, greek weddings, and what it’s like to live a life of freedom.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 11:30 – The impact of the RV community in their lives.
- 13:26 – International RVing.
- 18:20 – Adventures in sheep shearing.
- 20:08 – Their favorite places (so far).
- 25:35 – Learn from their mistakes.
- 28:10 – Opportunities that present themselves.
- 31:02 – Their thoughts on a hosting job at a campground.
- 33:11 – Where Nuventure Travels is heading.
- 37:53 – Their bucket list locations.
Advice from Nuventure Travels:
- Give yourself the grace to make mistakes.
- You’ll meet so many cool people during your travels.
- It’s eye-opening to see other lifestyles and experience other cultures.
- The RV community is so helpful. Find the forums and community for your type of RV and ask questions.
The whole lifestyle is very positive. Though, there is the occasional black tank story.
- You may end up battling the “grass is greener mentality”, where you want to travel when you’re settled and want to settle when you’re traveling. It’s different for everyone. Find the pace of travel that works best for you.