Everyone has to start somewhere. Kevin and Maria Sipe have only been full-time RVing for several weeks. Yet they still have dozens of stories, amazing experiences, and plenty of happiness already. We talked to them about taking that giant leap into a life on the road, the steps they’re taking to reach financial freedom, and how they’re each taking to a new lifestyle.
Some episode highlights:
- 2:46 – The transition from a house to an RV.
- 4:28 – Work/life balance on the road.
- 6:49 – Where they see the blog going.
- 10:15 – What drew them to make the switch.
- 15:00 – Steps they’re taking to get out of debt.
- 17:17 – How their families took the news.
- 20:32 – Other big trips they have planned.
- 25:15 – Maintaining relationships on the road.
- 27:57 – Being in the midst of an RV renovation.
- 31:28 – Tips for being a new RVer.
- 33:26 – Their stories from the road.
Advice from Kevin and Maria:
- When looking for the perfect RV, do anything you can to get into RVs before you buy one. Stand in the shower, sit on the toilet, and check out every part of the layout to make sure it is a good fit for you.
- If RV life doesn’t work out, you can always sell it and do something else. It’s worth a try!
- RV living is a great way to become debt free by minimizing expenses, using a budget, cooking in the RV, and more.
It’s so easy to make relationships on the road. You know you have little time together each visit, so you make deeper connections faster.
- Doing an RV renovation is not easy, but it’s so worth it. Imagine walking into your RV every day and everything looks exactly the way you want it to. Look for inspiration online, take your time, give yourself some grace, and have fun!