David Lee got his nickname for his love of all things Star Wars (with the exception of Episodes 1-3) and his new-found love of RVing. As a solo traveler, he’s made a commitment to get out on the road twice a month—a true “Weekend Warrior.”
In this episode, David shares tips on hurricane safety, work/life balance for Weekend Warriors, and his favorite RV cooking recipes. He gives some great advice for how you can keep the excitement of travel going all the time, even when you’re not on the road.
Some topics we covered:
- 3:11 – RV Safety during hurricane season
- 11:49 – Changing RV style
- 16:02 – Getting by with a little help from your friends.
- 22:30 – Work/RV Life Balance
- 26:20 – RV Jedeye-approved meals and recipes
- 30:30 – Coffee talk
Hurricane Safety Tips
- Watch the weather reports very closely if you’ll be traveling in a hurricane area during hurricane season (June – November).
- Have a tear down plan and be prepared to pack up at a moment’s notice.
- Always have extra supplies on hand in case you need to evacuate, such as food, water, and gas. Also, have a source of power on hand, like a generator.
Work/Life Balance for Weekend Warriors
- Always have a trip planned, so you’ll have something to look forward to while you are working!
- Use your non-travel time to keep up with maintenance on your RV, make updates, plan your travel, and look back on your previous trips. These activities will keep you involved with your RV and keep the travel excitement going all the time.
David’s Favorite RV Camping Recipes
- RV Messy Stuffed Burger (Yum) – Watch this video to learn how to make it.
- Deep Dish Pizza on the Grill (Also Yum!) – Watch this video to learn how to make it.
David’s Cooking Must-haves
- Small grill
- Cast iron skillet
- French press coffee maker (one to use and a Star Wars one, just because.)