There’s something to be said for real solitude. That’s the approach Abigail Schilling takes on the road, full-timing in her 1966 Kit Companion trailer. She’s a serial entrepreneur, but very much embodies the “work to live” mentality in every job and business. She sat with us to talk about being a solo traveler, letting nature heal some health issues, and how her RV, “Pheribee,” does after all these years.
** Subscribe to Stories from the Road on iTunes, Spotify, or Google Play **
Some episode highlights:
- 5:30 – Life as a solo camper.
- 6:41 – Making the jump into the RV lifestyle.
- 9:22 – Hitting the road with health issues.
- 13:10 – What the RV community means as a solo camper.
- 18:03 – Being a Project Manager on the road.
- 23:37 – The hurdles between client work and RV life.
- 29:12 – Her podcast, Two Girls Talking.
- 33:54 – Choosing a vintage RV.
- 36:51 – The School of Battery Monitoring.
- 43:39 – A couple of her favorite stories from the road.