Zach and Mary put together a luxurious multi-course dinner to wow the judges. Will their wild game centerpiece be enough to launch them into the running for winner of Camping World’s Great American Cookoff?
*Elk Medalion’s from Gamekeepermeats.com
Malcom Reed’s Mossy Oak Wild Game Marinade
*Good for all wild game
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsps Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Put meat and marinade in gallon zip top bag. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Lightly dust steaks in “Totally Wild Northwoods Signature Blend.”
- Set Grill to 225 degrees with high smoke for 15-20 minutes
- Pull Steaks off and raise grill temperature to 500 degrees.
- Place steaks back on for 1-2 minutes per side or until internal temp is 130degrees.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
Red Wine Chocolate Sauce
- 5 strips of Bacon
- 4 oz. chopped onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 1⁄2 Cups Red Wine
- 1 Qt. Chicken Stock
- 1.5 oz. Dark Chocolate
- Cook bacon in a sauce pan for 7 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and thyme to the bacon. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add red wine and reduce by half.
- Add chicken stock and reduce by half again.
- Remove from heat and strain the liquid into a pan.
- On low heat shave dark chocolate into the pan and whisk until smooth. Drizzle on top of elk to finish.
- Brussel sprouts
- Sweet onion
- mini potatoes
- whole garlic cloves x 4
- black pepper
- sea salt
- cayenne pepper
- butter 1 stick
- In the Lodge set dutch oven heat to 300
- Dice whole onion, cut Brussel sprouts in half, cut carrots into bite size pieces, keep potatoes whole and throw all vegetables into dutch oven.
- Add pinch of coriander, tablespoon black pepper, pinch of cayanne, salt as taste, and 4 garlic cloves cut in halves.
- Mix ingredients in and put lid on. Leave to cook until golden. Add butter for extra taste 10 minutes before serving.
Nutella Banana Strawberry Crepes on Cast Iron Skillet
- x 2 Bananas
- Powdered Sugar
- butter stick
- Heat skillet to 140.
- Lay Crepes flat and spread Nutella generously over 1 whole half of the crepe.
- Add slices strawberries and bananas.
- Fold into a triangle.
- Put butter on Skillet and place Crepe on Skillet to golden on both sides.
- Plate and decorate with Powdered Sugar!