This French toast recipe with hickory bacon will keep your whole family fed and happy. It’s a favorite of families everywhere and the sweetness of the toast pairs nicely with the saltiness of the hickory bacon. Keith Sims, former NFL footballer and proud dad of The Soulful RV family, concocted this breakfast recipe for The Great American Cookoff.
- Nutri Bullet Blender
- Lodge Flat Top Griddle Plate
- Robert Irvine Spatula Set
- Robert Irvine Whisk
- Mixing Bowl Set
Ingredients for French Toast
- 4 organic eggs
- Oat milk
- Organic butter (grass-fed, preferred)
- Organic real maple syrup
- Hickory thick bacon
- Brioche bread
- Organic powder sugar
- Vegetable oil
Instructions for Bacon
- Cook bacon on Lodge flat top grill. Set aside on a paper towel to cool and drain off excess fat.
Instructions for French Toast
- Crack eggs in a large mixing bowl, add a cup of Oat milk and a tablespoon of cinnamon & sugar. Whisk the mixture completely.
- Warm up the griddle to 350 degrees or medium-high heat. Add some oil to the griddle so the french toast will not stick to the pan.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture turning it over multiple times. Make sure both sides of the bread are completely covered in egg mixture. Place on the hot griddle.
- Flip toast after 1-2 minutes. Check to make sure the french toast is not sticking to the griddle.
- Repeat for the desired number of pieces of French toast. Remove hot French toast when it is golden brown and place on a plate.
- Add a bit of butter and allow to melt. Sprinkle lightly a little powder sugar. Plate with a side of hot Maple syrup and two strips of bacon.
Instructions for Smoothie
- In one NutriBullet combine several leaves of fresh kale with frozen strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango, and a spoonful of local honey.
- Blend to combine and serve immediately.