While eating food like hot dogs and hamburgers is always good while camping in your RV, sometimes you want something a little different, like sushi.
Making the perfect sushi roll can be difficult, but putting together a sushi bowl is a lot easier, and it gets you something very similar. If you have a hankering for some sushi give this Sunset Sushi Bowl recipe a try. It’s a great alternative to the average camping fare that your whole family will love.
Sunset Sushi Bowl
The next time you want a sushi bowl while camping, don’t take a trip to the nearest restaurant that serves one. Make it yourself. This recipe serves four people.
- 15 minutes of prep
- 30 minutes to cook
- 2 cups short grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4-ounce crab stick
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 nori snack pack
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine mayonnaise, tomato paste, all-purpose spice mix, melted butter, in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, white vinegar, and salt in a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Cook rice and place in a bowl.
- Mix in the vinegar, sugar, salt combination into the rice.
- Portion the rice into serving bowls.
- Slice cucumber into long pieces and place equal amounts in each serving bowl.
- Cut the avocado into slices and place equal amounts in each serving bowl.
- Cut the carrot into thin slices and place equal amounts in each serving bowl.
- Cut the crab stick up and add it to the bowls.
- Drizzle mayonnaise mixture over bowls.
- Add a pinch of black sesame seeds to each bowl.
- Cut nori paper and add to bowls.
Click here to see more recipes.