Having a good snack while you’re out camping is a must. You need to fuel your body after all that hiking, biking, and exploring. While you could always just reach for a pre-packaged snack, why not put together something tasty and sweet yourself?
The best thing about being on the road with a camper is that you have an oven and other kitchen amenities to make excellent food for the whole family.
Try this Pumpkin Pop-Up Bars recipe the next time you’re at the campground. You’ll have a killer snack for everyone staying in your rig.
Pumpkin Pop-Up Bars
While these Pumpkin Pop-up Bars aren’t the healthiest of snacks out there, they are a sweet treat to give to the whole family. They work great in the morning with coffee or at night around the campfire with a cup of hot cider. The recipe makes 12 bars.
- 10 minutes of prep
- 30 minutes to cook
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- With a handheld power mixer combine the softened butter and sugar.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract with the butter.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree.
- Combine the butter and flour mixtures and stir well.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a disposable baking pan with butter or oil.
- Add the complete mixture to the pan making sure to spread evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Click here to see more recipes.