You might think you need a big kitchen to make some delicious pork tacos, but that isn’t the case. All you need is a slow cooker or crockpot, your RV’s stovetop, a skillet, and, of course, the ingredients listed below. Tacos are a great summer or spring evening dish.
you can add any toppings you want to your tacos. We chose to keep them pretty simple in the recipe below, but you can add any number of garnishes or some cheese to help add some unique flavor to your Co-Pilot Tacos!
If you have a reasonably large group to feed, then this recipe is perfect because it serves between six and eight people, meaning everyone will be full and healthy. If you’re lucky, you might even have leftovers.
- 5 minutes to prep
- 6-8 hours to cook
- 4-5 pound lean boneless pork roast
- 1 cup beer (or chicken stock)
- 1 medium white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cilantro to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Cut pork roast into three sections and trim the fat.
- Place pork into the slow cooker and pour in one cup of beer or chicken stock.
- Add in the onion, garlic, chipotle powder, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, salt.
- Mix up everything well.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked shred it for the tacos.
- Save the leftover juice in the slow cooker.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shredded pork into the skillet.
- Add in the 1/4 cup of the leftover juice into the skillet with the meat.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add the rest of the juice.
- Once the moisture has cooked down, place the pork on a tortilla.
- Garnish the tacos with cilantro and diced onion.
Click here to see more recipes.