When you think food and camping your mind probably doesn’t immediately turn to pasta. Well, if pasta sounds good to you, don’t let the fact that it might not be a traditional campground food deter you from making it for yourself.
While we highly encourage grilling out at least one time while you’re camping, having some delicious pasta, like this Campground Chicken Parm Pasta recipe, can be a nice way to enjoy your time out experiencing new places and seeing new sights.
Campground Chicken Parm Pasta
If you’re looking for a recipe that will serve up to eight people, then this is exactly what you need. If you only have a few people in your party, then you’ll have leftovers for the next day.
- 5 minutes to prep
- 25 minutes to cook.
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 3 chicken breasts
- 16 ounces of rigatoni pasta
- 24 ounces of marinara sauce
- 24 ounces of water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Heat a skillet to medium heat on the stove.
- Cube the chicken breasts and place in a skillet with the Italian dressing.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in the rigatoni pasta, marinara sauce, and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover the dish, and reduce the heat.
- Let everything simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Let the cheese melt and serve.
Click here to see more recipes.