The ability to cook a quality, healthy meal while you’re at the campground is one of the best parts of RV ownership. You can make a nice homecooked meal in the comfort of your RV’s kitchen for the whole family.
Too often we turn to hot dogs and burgers when camping. They’re basic and easy, but not the healthiest. You don’t have to forego healthy options just because you’re at the campground. At the end of a long day of hiking, fishing, boating, or exploring, a healthy meal can be exactly what you and your family needs.
Try this Bunkhouse Broccoli Salad recipe to fuel your family the next time you go camping.
Bunkhouse Broccoli Salad
This simple recipe is easy to complete and serves six people. It’s great because it can be prepared the first night you’re out and eaten up to a week later if properly stored.
- 15 minutes of prep
- 25 minutes to cook
- 7 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 strips cooked bacon
- Cook the bacon in a skillet.
- Chop cooked bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces.
- Combine broccoli, sunflower seeds, craisins, and bacon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix mayonnaise, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add mayo mixture to salad, stir all ingredients, and then serve.
Click here to see more recipes.